Sizing is important when it comes to comfort and effectiveness during pumping. While we try to provide the most 'common' sizes with the breast pumps, sometimes a different size is required.
For a quick ruler guide Download our Suction Kit Sizing Guide here. This can be printed and used to assist you find your best fit.
Signs you might need a larger size:
- You are unable to centre your nipple i.e have it inside the tunnel without it touching the sides
- You feel your nipple is uncomfortable and rubbing against the side of the nipple tunnel during pumping
- Your nipple is unable to move freely with the pumping motion
- Your nipple is being strongly compressed by the 3 phase motion to a feeling of discomfort or pinching
Signs you might need a smaller size:
- An excessive amount of your areola is being drawn into the nipple tunnel
- You experience a painful tugging feeling
- Your nipple is reaching the end of the nipple tunnel while pumping
- You can hear air moving or 'sucking' inside the nipple tunnel
- You are not experiencing compression of the nipple with the 3 phase motion
We recommend having 2-4mm of space surrounding your entire nipple for optimal fit. You can find your size by measuring the diameter of the base of your nipple, then adding 4-6mm to find the nearest size, if between sizes, it is recommended to go for the larger size.
15mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 21mm
20mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 25mm
23mm diameter base of nipple, add 4-6mm, nearest = 29mm
Our inserts are a new, cost effective option should you be unsure of what size you require or if you wish to replace your silicone piece frequently.
The inserts come in sizes 21, 25 and 29mm. They include only the silicone cushion, and they all fit into the all-in-one suction kit.